FAQ's on International Money Transfers & Foreign Currency Exchange
Frequently asked questions
Please see below a list of Frequently Asked Questions and if you have any further questions, please contact us.
Click on the questions below to reveal the answers.
- How do I save money?
- We will quote you the best exchange rate than your bank. Savings are usually from 0.25% up to 4% of the us amount being transferred. For example, a client transferring £20,000 into $dollars was quoted 1.45 by their bank and thus would have received $29,000. We quoted 1.50 and paid them $30,000 Please Contact Us f or more information
- How quickly will my money arrive?
- We offer 2 express services, same day and next day. Payments sent to South East Asian and Middle East (i.e. KSA) may take up to 5 working days.
- Do you charge commission?
- There are no charges or commission and any hidden fees except payment charges for smaller transactions
- Do you charge for payments/wire transfers?
- Private Clients
FGC charges a fee of £15 for payments under £10,000. This is less than almost all banks, which usually charge up to £40. We can also avoid correspondent and receiving bank charges in most countries. This can save you a considerable amount in certain countries.
FGC will agree a bespoke payment fee structure with you depending on your payment volumes ranging from £0 to £15. We can also avoid correspondent and receiving charges in most countries. This can save you a considerable amount in certain countries
- What amounts can I transact with FGC Money?
- We can transact any amount over £2,000.. Smaller amounts are available for customers making regular transfers or by special request.
- How do I open an account with you (Private Clients)?
- Before transacting with FGC Money you would either need to accept our online Terms & Conditions or complete or sign and return our Terms & Conditions together with a copy of your passport or driving licence and a copy of a recent bank or credit card statement or utility bill issued in the past 3 months.
- How do I open an account with you (Corporate Clients)?
- Please sign and return our Terms & Conditions together with your certificate of incorporation. If you are limited company we require a copy of a company utility bill and a copy of the passport or driving licence of the person authorising transactions.
- What security do I have?
- Under license from the HMRC, we use segregated, ring fenced clients accounts, which is designed to protect all clients' funds. FGC money has been appointed by the FSA to a higher license API holder (authorised payment institute). This can be verified by calling 0845 010 9000 and quote our registration number: 6755501. Our core partner is Barclays corporate and we hold various global blue chip links.
- How long does a transfer take?
- This depends on the currency you are sending us, the currency you are buying, the bank you use and the amount. Buying US Dollars will make a same-day payment on receipt of your inward payment and this should arrive the same day or next day. Buying Other currencies: Once we have received your funds, please allow 1 to 4 days for your funds to reach the recipient.
- International transfers
- Live exchange rate quotes
- Dedicated corporate dealers
- Online payment platform
- Telegraphic transfers
- Paying overseas suppliers
- Guaranteed savings
- So simple and safe
- Buying overseas property
- Regular transfer plan
- Excellent conversion rates